Top Optometrist in Merrick
Dr. Landrio and Associates in Merrick is a leading optometry practice in the area. We offer both vision care and eye care. We also have a full selection of prescription glasses, frames, and contact lenses for your consideration. We can perform an eye exam and diagnose your vision correction or eye care needs, as well as dispense your prescription medicine or vision correction products on the spot. Read on to learn more about our practice.
As you no doubt already know, it's important to see an optometrist if you're having vision problems. Dr. Landrio can give you an eye exam using his training and experience as well as our cutting-edge equipment. This will enable us to diagnose your vision problems accurately. Once we've done that, we can prescribe you any corrective lenses yobt every one of our patients.
While most people know that optometrists can help with vision problems, you may not know that an optometrist can also help with many common eye problems. If you're suffering from pink eye or dry eye syndrome, we can help. We can even diagnose more serious eye conditions like cataracts. For eye conditions that require surgery, we can give you a referral to a top eye surgeon.
Glasses, Frames, and Contacts
You can get your glasses or contact lenses at the same place that you get your prescription: Dr. Landrio and Associates. We have a large inventory of high-quality glasses and contact lenses to suit your eyes. If you choose glasses, we can even provide you with stylish frames from many different designer brands so that you can express your own personal sense of style with your eyewear.
Make an Optometry Appointment Today
Dr. Landrio and Associates in Merrick is here for all of your vision correction and eye care needs. We can diagnose any vision problems or eye problems you may have and prescribe a fix in order to return to 100 percent. If you have any questions, or you need any more information about our practice, we're here to help. Contact us through our website or over the phone at 516-546-4800 and one of our associates will give you all the information you need. We'll help you make an appointment at your earliest convenience. Contact us today for an appointment.
COVID-19 OFFICE UPDATE
As of Tuesday evening, March 18th, the CDC has recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
Please be assured that we are still available to triage all urgent and emergent issues as well as help you with routine matters during this challenging time. Please call the office first and speak to Dr. Landrio before proceeding to an emergency room or an urgent care facility to minimize your risk of being exposed to COVD-19.
What does this mean?
1) If you are scheduled for an annual eye examination we will tentatively reschedule you starting April 6th.
2) If you need to replace glasses or contact lenses and need an extension on your prescription, please leave a message on our office phone and we will assist you in obtaining some until you can come in for a visit. Messages will be checked throughout the day.
3) If you are running out of a medication please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
4) If you have an issue which cannot wait for an office visit, contact us and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with Dr. Landrio. Medicare has temporarily relaxed its telehealth rules to allow this type of communication during the pandemic crisis. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
5) If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call Dr.Landrio’s private line at 631-356-5606 and she will try her best to meet you in the office whenever possible. In some instances a house call may be possible if you cannot leave your home. If not we will direct you to the nearest eye emergency facility.
6) During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
7) Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
We sincerely hope that our decision will not cause undue hardship to you, our valued patients. It is our unwavering commitment to provide the best possible care and outcomes for our staff, our patients, our city, our nation, and our planet. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service,
Dr. Landrio & Associates